New Demos: Tell Me What You Think

Releasing a new album soon called By the River Eden. It’s basically alt-rock, but I was inspired more by alt-country, prog, and folk this time around. Once again it’s a concept album (I know it’s a singles market). Basically, I read John Steinbeck’s epic novel East of Eden and that’s a huge influence on the album, and like anything alternative or indie, there’s a girl involved to some extent. It’s taken me a while to get back on track, but I need to get this out soon, just want to fix my mixing. The second track is really rough, if you want to give advice on that I’d appreciate it if you think it could be something with added parts. The River Race, the first track, is the one that’s going to be on the album, I’d like some advice on production. Love you guys, Christ bless. Stream Americ_anGothic | Listen to The River Race and On the River Demos playlist online for free on SoundCloud

2 Likes

The distorted part that kicks in around 1:24 on the river race kicks ass and sounds great with the loose singing, rapid strumming. Sounds like the best recordings I’ve heard from ur project so far

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve been trying to break the quiet verse, loud distorted chorus cliche by shifting those sorts of changes to different parts of the song. I know there are other songs that do this, and that it’s hard to work out dynamics in a way that’s not just set to a formula.

I think it’s good to have a formula, makes everything a lot less stressful especially if you are planning to do any of these songs live. When I was in a band in college, everyone had pretty strict parts. I did back up vocals and cello tenor parts that were pretty much the same everytime I played the songs although we did include break down portions for like 15 seconds where either one of us could riff on a solo or I would do some improvisation on the cello

1 Like

Hey, great job on these :wink:

1 Like

Also you have a beautiful singing voice

1 Like