What are you reading?

Right now I’m reading Eee eee ee by Tao Lin and The Informers by Bret Easton Ellis

1 Like

So now I’m also reading a Confessions of a Mask by Yukio Mishima. It’s pretty gay…

The “main character” is describing the first time he jerked off – to the painting of Saint Sebastian pictured left

Why are all these nationalists fags?

:nauseated_face:

I’m re-reading ‘Life At The Bottom’ by Theodore Dalrymple.

It’s quite funny in parts, in a depressing kind of way. I’d recommend.

1 Like

What’s it about?

It’s better than the wiki page makes it sound. A lot of it’s about the absurd exchanges he’s had with underclass criminals throughout his career and how egalitarianism and other bad ideas have warped their way of thinking. Ngl; some of the people he’s had to deal with are like characters straight out of a black comedy.

This video (filmed at one of Hans-Hermann Hoppe’s PFS conferences) gives you a taste of what it’s like:

1 Like

I’ll watch it later! Sounds interesting!

1 Like

This is really gay

What the fuck?

What the fuck?

1 Like

So I finished the story like a week ago, it was really gay but very interesting. I liked it

https://www.amazon.com/Disordered-Critical-Examination-Culture-Survived-ebook/dp/B07MYGNQV4

and

https://www.amazon.com/History-Drowning-Autobiography-Dennis-Nilsen/dp/1913062538/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=history+of+a+drowning+boy&qid=1623791309&sr=8-1

Just read this

I thought it was kind of depressing. It’s about a couple who’s thinking about having an abortion.

Apparently this guy was a drunk and later killed himself. Egh…

Cheerful stuff.

1 Like

Right now I’m reading so many books thanks to pilleater.

‘Into the Void’ by Brian Eckert.

‘Let Them Look West’ by Marty Phillips

‘The Shock of the Old’ by David Edgerton

Then like a dozen books on how to write fiction, including Stephen King’s.

I finished ‘Nabokov’s Favorite Word is Mauve’ by Ben Blatt

1 Like

Enjoying any of them in particular?

Today I finished the audiobook for Rabbit, Run by John Updike and The Old Man and the Sea. The Updike book had an amazing opening scene, the rest was kind of eh. I liked Hemingway’s book better – plus it was short – even though the narrator kept going “Oh, fish, I love you. But I’m going to kill you. But I will kill you because I love you.” I listened to these while slowly going insane playing Minecraft.

Just finished On Writing by Stephen King. I think ultimately it was alright, at the very least I now understand how King thinks when he writes. He spent like 130 pages not getting to the point though